Application Layer : OSI Model
- The Application Layer is the topmost layer of the OSI Model and has the responsibility for providing interface among users and the software application.
- It is the front-end layer where, users actually communicate and other six layer only play their respective roles in the back-end.
- Application Layer does not directly acts as an application but, it is an intermediate between actual software application and the users.
- File transfer, emails, remote access etc. are some of the examples of applications where users interacts.
Application Layer : Functions & Features
- Some of the major functions & features of this layer are:
- Proper UI/UX of software application on different devices.
- Communication establishment.
- Identifying communication users/partners.