Method Overloading In Java : Introduction
- Since now we are done with the concepts of methods, objects and classes. Now we will look at what method overloading in java actually is.
- Method overloading in Java is the technique to define more than one methods of the same name which are differentiated by their parameters list.
- The criteria for differentiating parameters list of overloaded method is their type and number i.e. in method overloading parameters are differentiated by their type and their number.
- Didn’t get the point yet? Don’t worry, go through the example below and all of your doubts will get clear.
Method Overloading In Java : Example
- Let’s see an example of method overloading in java in the form of a program along with its output.
Note : There is no role of method return type in method overloading. Overloaded methods can have different or same return type. The compiler differentiates between parameters of overloaded methods.