Fixed Vs. Wireless Networks : The Difference
- The difference between Fixed Vs. Wireless networks can be seen as, wireless networks does not require any sort of cables to get the devices connect physically. It is a shared medium that can be accessed easily.
- While in case of fixed networks, physical configuration of devices is required in order to perform data transmission process. Every new device needs to be connected separately and physically to the network. Let’s have a look at their comparisons.
Fixed Vs. Wireless Networks
Fixed Vs. Wireless Networks : Issues in Mobile Computing
- Mobile computing technology has a number of advantages- from mobility to portability and from cloud to productivity. But, there are certain issues which do pops out while using the mobile computing technology. These are:
1. Wireless Medium
- Since the mobile computing technology mainly focuses on wireless infrastructure, issues like cost, efficiency, delays and security needs to be considered too.
2. Device Mobility
- The device mobility is certainly a major advantage of mobile computing technology. But, it is one of its major issue too.
- The mobility feature of mobile computing technology needs to be of highest standards. It means, this configuration needs to structure the environment, every time the mobile device changes it’s environment.
- Device mobility feature needs to work and configure itself according to the location, environment and surroundings of a mobile device on regular basis.
3. Security Issues
- It is one of the most discussed issue with mobile computing technology, as it arises due to the shared medium ability.
- The major security issues includes:
- Data Security à Physical Security.
- System Security à Network Security.
- Some of the most common tactics used to get rid of these issue are:
- Use of VPN technology.
- Use of Cryptography & Network Security.
- Use of Firewall technology.
Advantages : Mobile Computing Technology
- Device Mobility.
- Simple Framework/Infrastructure.
- Better Productivity.
- Use of cloud technology.
Disadvantages : Mobile Computing Technology
- Less Secured.
- Low data transmission rates.
- High data losses.
- High on power consumption.
- Frequent network issues.