Mobile Computing : Introduction
- A technology that is capable of providing an environment which enables users to transmit data from one device to other device without the use of any physical link/cables is known as Mobile Computing.
- It means, data transmission is done wireless-ly with the help of wireless devices such as mobiles, laptops etc.
- Whenever any device is connected to a network without being connected physically over a link or cable, data transmission such as messages, voice recording, videos etc. can be done be done by using the concept of mobile computing.
- Mobile Computing technology helps users to access and transmit data from any remote locations without being present there physically.
- Thus, having such a big coverage diameter, it is one of the fastest and most reliable sectors of computing technology field.
Mobile Communication : Introduction
- Mobile Communication is the framework that is responsible behind the working of mobile computing technology.
- It ensures the consistency and reliability of communication process through this framework.
- Mobile communication framework includes communication devise such as mobiles, laptops, as rules of conduct, fitness etc. They are responsible for delivering of smooth communication process.
- Mobile communication can be of one of the following form as mentioned below.
- Mobile and Wired : In this configuration, Some of the devices are wired and some are mobile in nature. For Example : Laptops.
- Fixed and Wired : In this configuration, The devices are fixed at a position and are connected through a physical link for communication. For Example : Office/Desktop Computer.
- Mobile and Wireless : In this configuration, devices can communicate(data transmission) with each other irrespective of their position and can connect to any network without the use of any wired device. For Example : WiFi Dongle.
Applications : Mobile Computing
- Some of the major field in which mobile computing can be applied are:
- Web or Internet access.
- Global Position System(GPS).
- Emergency services.
- Entertainment services
- Educational services.