Software Testing : Introduction
- Software Testing is a process to detect and remove errors from the software product.
- The purpose of software testing is to show that the program performs its internal functionalities correctly.
- Software Testing is the process to meet specifications of a software in order to improve quality and reduce risk in the software.
- It is the procedure used to execute a program with intent of finding errors.
Software Testing : Basic Terminologies
- Bugs: When an error is found during the development phase and is accepted by developers is called as Bug.
- Defects: When the actual result deviates from the expected results and is found by testers then, it is called as defect in a software product.
- Error: When the functionality of the software products gets changed i.e. mistake made while coding are called as Errors. For example: Wrong syntax and infinite loops can cause errors.
- Faults: A wrong step or process which can cause a software product to behave inappropriately is called as Fault.
- Failures: When the faults in a software product gets executed, they turns into Failures.
Software Testing : Test Cases
- Test cases are well maintained and well documented procedure designs that can be used to test the functionality and features of any software product.
- Finding errors in the software program is the main objective of designing test cases.
- Test cases contains the identity number in order to check for the behavior of software program.
- There are five major components of test case strategy. These are:
- Test Case Id:Identity number for each test cases.
- Purpose:The motive of generating test cases.
- Precondition:The conditions that are implied on the input in order to generate desired outputs.
Software Testing : Test Suits
- When multiple test cases are combined together, it generates a test suit.
- Each test suit can have multiple test cases and a test case can be added to any of the test suit as per requirement.
- Test suits contains both functional as well as non-functional testing.
Software Testing : Testing Oracle
- A testing oracle is a structural technique that can be used for checking the validity of test cases i.e. to check whether the test cases has passed or not.
- This primary goal is achieved by operating these testing oracle separately from the system testing.
- The testing oracle suit contains:
- Oracle Load Testing
- Oracle Test Manage.
- Oracle Functional Testing.
Software Testing : Software Audits
- When the whole software product is examined for its compliance and standardization, it is known as software audits.
- The software audits are done in order to generate action plans along with identification of risk related to projects.
- Software auditing process consists of three components. These are: